BenjI’s Bed in Barn is situated in the Ox Mountains, between Lough Easky and Lough Talt and 200 m from Mass Rock
Please click here for all contact details
From Tubbercurry (Tobercurry) town take the R 294 to Ballina
- You cross the River Moy after 5.25 km (3.5 miles).
- After further 3.75 km (2.5 miles; 9 km, 6 miles from Tubbercurry) you will see a pinkish pub on your righthand side called ‘Joe Dans’. Turn right here, signposted ‘Cloonacool and Mass Rock’.
- After an other 1,5 km (1 mile; 10,5 km, 7 miles from Tubbercurry) you will cross the ‘River Owenaher’. Turn after crossing the bridge left signposted: ‘Lough Easky, Mass Rock’. This road will bring you up into the mountains.
- After ca 1,5 km (1 mile; 12 km, 8 miles from Tubbercurry) the road bends passing the waterfall, with a wall on your left and rocks on your right and continues straight on. You pass further on two houses: right a white two storey and left a yellow cottage.
- After 2.25 km (1.5 miles; 14.25 km, 9.5 miles from Tubbercurry) you will get to a broad T-junction with signpost Mass Rock. Turn left here, after 200 meters you see the white crosses of Massrock. Carry on and you will see a white washed studio and cottage on your right The Ox Bindery and the Bed in Barn on your left.
From Dromore West on the Sligo – Ballina road.
- Pass through Dromore West
- Turn left at the junction, signposted Tubbercurry, The Ox Mountains.
- Follow the road, ascending to Lough Easky
- Passing the Lough and descending down
- Turn right at a broad T-junction, signposted Mass Rock
- After 200 meters you see the white crosses of Massrock
- Carry on and you will see a white washed studio and cottage on your right The Ox Bindery and the Bed in Barn on your left.
From Ballina on the Ballina-Tobercurry Road (R 294)
- Pass Bonniconlon
- Go over the Windy Gap
- Turn left at the top of Lough Talt, signposted Mass Rock
- Pass the Church on your left
- Follow the road until a broad T-junction, turn right (signposted Mass Rock)
- Follow the main road, that will bring you to the Bed in Barn, just before Mass Rock.
Bus Eireann Express way – http://buseireannexpressway.com/
Dublin airport – Ballina: approx. 3 1/2 hour, € 25 return
Bus 22 : Dublin Airport – Dublin Centre – Ballina.
Busstop Charlestown .
We will pick you up.
Iarnród Éireann – http://www.irishrail.ie/
Dublin airport – Ballymote: approx. 3 1/2 hour, prices vary
Take the airlink from Dublin Airport to Dublin Connolly Rail Station (approx. 1/2 hour) and travel by train from
Dublin Connolly Rail Station – Ballymote. (Approx. 3 hour)
We will pick you up.
Eindhoven – Ireland West Airport (Knock) (vv.)
Ryanair, twice a week NOT LONGER AVAILABLE IN 2015
Ireland West Airport Knock is 5.6 km from Charlestown.
We can pick you up or you can rent a car.
Also flights to: (and more)
Great Brittain: Birmingham, Bristol, London Gatwick, London Stansted, London Luton; Glasgow, Liverpool, Nottingham, Manchester